March 03, 2010

Videos

Mistress Elashava bas Riva has made an ongoing project of recording bardic performances in the SCA and putting them up on YouTube (with permission from performers and authors, of course).  There are lots of good performances there, and a huge range of what goes on in SCA bardic.  I stumbled across it just as I was thinking about diving in myself, and it gave me a really good idea of what I was getting into.

Her channel is ShavaSue, and it's worth checking out.  At last weekend's Bardic Madness, she got a couple of videos from me, and I thought I'd post them here, just...to have done it.  I cringe when I see myself filmed, but I think I'm just one of those people who will never really be happy with a recorded performance of myself.  All I can think about is what needs improving.  Anyway.  She got "Sunufatarungo" and "Aeron's Song" (with lyrics slightly tweaked to include some references from Their Majesties' favorite film).  I've put the videos on the songs' respective pages, should you be wondering what they're actually supposed to sound like.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment